Part of the fun of this blog is encouraging brothers to grow a beard, mustache, or some solid pogonotrophic work. And you can help us encourage men to wear the “masculine adornment” in two ways.
Submit your beard.
Are you a 21st century “bearded gospel man?” If you meet the qualifications and photo requirements (see below) send in a pic and you may be featured here on the blog.
- You have some decent facial fair (beard, ‘stache, goatee, etc). A twelve o’clock shadow or a chin strap beard just doesn’t cut it. Something “substantial” is what we are after. The more whiskers the merrier I always say.
- You clearly affirm the gospel in writing or by pointing to a doctrinal statement. Please send that along with your submission. So yes, obviously you must be a gospel believing Christian to be a bearded gospel man.
- We are more likely to use your photo if it is a portrait orientation that includes your shoulders.
- The better the photo and the higher the resolution the more likely we are to use it.
- Photos need to be at least 600 pixels wide.
- Please leave enough space under your beard where we can add your name and other text.
- If possible, avoid phone camera photos. They are normally too grainy and do not look good with our text added on. A stand alone camera works best.
- Photos taken outside in the sunlight or in a well lit room will also work best. Photos of you in a dark bar room or while skiing down the slopes don’t normally work out so well.
- Do not add your own text or filters. That’s my job. I promise I’ll make you look pretty.
We receive many fan submissions every day and I simply do not have the time to go back and forth with the submitters whose images are not up to snuff. BGM is a one many pony show and I simply do not have the time or resources to invest into getting everyone on board with meeting the above requirements. If someone would like to hire me a secretary, then hey, let’s talk.
If your submissions do not meet these above requirements, I will unfortunately have to trash it.
I try to be as fair as possible with everyone, but as I said, with so many submissions coming in and so little time to get them edited, cropped, uploaded, and made all pretty like, this is a decision I just have to make.
Submit a quote.
As you have probably seen on BGM, there are a lot of quotes from good men on the subject. If you have good word on the worthiness or manliness of growing a beard send it in. If good enough we’ll use it.
Send submissions to beardedgospelmen [at] gmail [dot] com.