At the moment, I have quite a back-log of submissions to get through, so until I’ve caught up, we’ll be putting the submissions page on hold for a while! Thanks for your patience!
Much of the fun of this site and the Facebook page is in encouraging our brothers to grow a beard, ‘stache, mutton chops, handlebars, star-burns or any other form of facial hair*. You can be part of that encouragement in two ways:
Submit your beard.
Are you a “bearded gospel man”? If you meet the qualifications and photo requirements (see below) send in a pic and you may be featured here on the blog.
- You have facial hair. I mean real facial hair. Hairy facial hair. Facial hair that says, “Hey! Looka this! I’m not kiddin’ around! I’m facial hair!”
- You clearly affirm the gospel (see the ‘gospel’ page) in writing or by pointing to a doctrinal statement such as the Apostle’s Creed. Please send that along with your submission. This isn’t Mustachioed Hindu Men or Mutton-Chopped Atheist Fellas (Though if you’re either of those, let’s talk). This is Bearded Gospel Men. Alright? Alright.
- First, of all, No Selfies! Too easy! Have a friend take a good beard portrait. Your beard deserves the dignity that a selfie rarely bestows. This ain’t Instagram, people! It’s Bearded Gospel Men! The internet’s foremost source for pictures of Christians with beards! That was much more important-sounding in my head. Anyway, you get the drift.
- Action shots can be good, so include one as an option if you can. A good shot of you doing what you love to do can help tell your story.
- Please leave enough space under your beard where we can add your name and other text.
- Avoid low-res photos (if your camera phone is, say, less than 5 megapixels) and photos from your laptop. They are normally too grainy and do not look good with text added on.
- The better the photo and the higher the resolution the more likely we are to use it.
- Do not add your own text or filters. I’ll do that. I also have a team of Photoshop artists that will digitally augment the size and colour of your beard upon request. (Just kidding on that last part.)
- Tell me a little something about yourself! Perhaps your work, ministry, passion, whatever. If I can, I may use a quote you gave me along with the pic.
We receive a lot of submissions, and BGM has a staff of one: Me! So I can’t spend a lot of time fussing over pictures of beards, no matter how great the beard is. I got a life, you know! (Well, sort of.) If I get a submission that doesn’t meet the above requirements, well, sorry, dude. Nothin’ personal, I just can’t use it.
Submit a quote.
As you have probably seen on BGM, there are a lot of quotes from good men on the subject. If you have a good word on the worthiness or manliness of growing a beard, send it in. If I like it, I’ll steal it. Er… I mean… I’ll use it! And give you props. Promise.
Send submissions to beardedgospelmen [at] gmail [dot] com.
*except soul patches and chin straps. these have a form of facial hair while denying its power. they shall not appear on this site, except to descry their folly!